Job Title – Senior Manager, Head of Strategy
Department / Team – Strategy
Reporting To – Country Manager, Creative
Location – Victoria Island, Lagos
Strategic Planning Management.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Clients’ business, the macro and micro-markets in which they operate and the specific brands.
- Work with Client Service and Creative teams to develop relevant creative strategies, considering all communication disciplines.
- Challenge the brief/s where necessary.
- Enhance and support the Creative team to ensure that they create great work.
- Enhance and support the Client Service team to ensure that the client buys the creative great work.
- Development and fostering of ideas focus within the Agency and clients.
- Nurture an effective culture within the Agency and clients.
- Improve the creative product constantly in close partnership with the Strategy & Creative Director.
- Nurture and grow the Strategic Planners in the department to deliver beyond the expected and be a source of inspiration for them.
- Develop strategies that serve as a benchmark in the industry.
- Delivery against Strategy Departmental Balanced Scorecard.
- Be an advocate for planning within the Agency.
- Be the conduit of the latest planning information from the WPP network as well as other sources.
- Although junior members of the team may not report to the Strategic Planning Director directly, he/she needs to assist junior members where required and oversee projects they may be working on – alone or in conjunction with the Strategy Director.
- Be the Creative Directors’ partner in pushing the standards of creative work.
- Champion the effectiveness culture in the organization and specifically keep the Agency profile high in effectiveness awards that come up.
- Be the champion of the ‘ideas brief’ within the Agency and to the clients.
- Develop and facilitate creative thinking sessions and any other training sessions for the department and the Agency as a whole.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Lead strategy on new business pitches.
- Maintain senior management contact with all clients.
- Maintain a sound relationship between the Strategy Department and other departments within the Agency.
- Translate key consumer insights into a cutting-edge communication strategy so that excellent creative work can be conceptualized against the agreed strategy.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Media.
- Develop and build relationships internally to ensure efficient and effective delivery of solutions.
- Work closely with Client Service and Creative on allocated accounts.
- Develop and “sell” brand and communication strategies to clients – based on a brief from Client Service.
- Work with Client Service to produce and deliver regular brand reviews for each brand.
- Work with Client Service to produce and update Brand Bibles (Brand Audit Documents) per brand.
- Nurture a sound market and industry knowledge across the client base – local and international perspective.
- Ensure that purchases of materials and research are always pre-approved and within budget prior to acquisition.
- Increase new business opportunities that increase revenue stream
- Implementation of Strategic Department business strategies defined by EXCO.
- Develop, implement, and maintain all Strategy Business Processes aligned to business strategy.
- Ensure continuous business process improvement within Strategy Department.
- Implement Strategy Department systems to ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement and track timelines and efficiency.
- Benchmarking of processes and systems against best practices.
- Adhere to the Traffic system.
- Overall management, leadership, development, and motivation of Strategy employees.
- Leadership and management development of direct reports.
- Resource planning – ensure the right number of employees, with the right skills, in the right places, at the right time.
- Manage Strategy Team productivity, efficiency, and capacity to deliver to clients – scheduling of resources against jobs.
- Instill innovation and creativity throughout the Agency.
- Always adhere to HR Policies & Procedures.
See Also: Vacancy for the Post of Project Manager
Degree from a reputable institution with about 6- 8 years industry experience. An MSC with relevant certifications will be added advantage.
Why Join Us?
We offer a competitive compensation benefit, and a dynamic and collaborative work environment.
How to apply?
Kindly forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject.