JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ROLE: FINANCE MANAGER
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION : Lagos
Optiva Capital Prtners is seeking to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the financial
health of the organization. He/She will advise management on profit-maximizing ideas to ensure longterm success. We are seeking an experienced and analytical Finance Manager with strong numerical
skills to drive our organization’s financial operations and improve financial performance. Duties for the
finance Manager will include supervising accounting staff, overseeing internal controls, setting financial
targets, implementing fund-saving strategies, engaging with investors, developing a financial strategy,
conducting feasibility studies, monitoring expenditure, overseeing annual insurance, monitoring cash
flow, evaluating investments, and managing tax compliance. Your skills in sound financial planning
coupled with your ability to direct financial assets will assist our organization in implementing effective
financial strategies, managing debt, improving revenue, maintaining a healthy financial position, and
enhancing investor confidence.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, good strategic thinking, excellent
communication skills, exceptional numerical proficiency, and strong leadership skills. The noteworthy
Finance Manager should harmonize financial operations, develop effective financial strategies, guide
efforts towards financial stability, monitor all financial activities, promote revenue growth, ensure
compliance with accounting regulations, and maintain good relationships with investors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directing financial planning and strategy.
• Analyzing and reporting on financial performance.
• Overseeing audit and tax functions.
• Work in partnership with the outside audit firm on all auditing and tax matters
• Liaising with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Developing and implementing accounting policies for great financial health.
• Preparing forecasts and comprehensive budgets.
• Training accounting staff.
• Reviewing departmental budgets.
• Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk.
• Analyzing complex financial data.
• Managing internal controls.
• Corresponding with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future
paths to be taken.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE /EXCEPTIONS
• Bachelor’s and/or advanced degree in Accounting or Finance
• A minimum of 10 years previous hands-on Accounting or Accounting Management experience
• Must be Chartered Certified.
• Proficiency in accounting software.
• Financial management experience.
• Strong aptitude for math.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-pace setting
• Strong excel and computer skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills for the management of accounting team
• Strong analytical skills.
• Broad knowledge of accounting principle
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should fill the form attached in the link below
The application deadline is Wednesday, 28th of September, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.