ROLE: HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION : Lagos
Optiva Capital Partners is seeking to hire a Human Resource Manager, this role guides, manages and
provides strategic direction to Optiva Capital Partners’ people function. It is fundamental to developing
the company’s culture and managing its people resources. The individual will lead the implementation of
HR policies and programmes and contribute to the achievement of the company’s strategy and business
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Define and implement best practice HR processes and procedures
• Develop and maintain the HR policy framework and ensure its implementation across the entire
• Position HRM unit as a strategic business partner in Optiva Capital Partners’ decision making.
• Perform adequate manpower planning
• Plan and coordinate KPI setting for each year in line with corporate objectives
• Design robust and practical HR strategies to help drive financial and non-financial objectives of
• Coordinate OCP’s biweekly, quarterly and annual/yearly performance management exercises
• Design and implement compensation and benefits packages that are internally equitable and
• Plan, design and monitor the Human Resources’ budgets
• Design and implement employee retention programmes
• Oversee daily operations of the Human Resource Department
• Facilitate management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other
• Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management activities in OCP
• Provide advisory services to the management on human resource related issues
• Present comprehensive monthly departmental reports to the MD/CEO
• Any other duties as assigned by the MD/CEO and as may become evident
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE /EXCEPTIONS
• Minimum of 15 years rich and relevant post-graduation experience in human resources/personnel
management/administrative functions in a fast-paced and highly challenging company
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or Psychology or any other social discipline
• An MBA or Masters in a relevant discipline would be an added advantage.
• Relevant professional qualifications of regulatory bodies like CIPM, SHRM, CIPD etc.
• Should be conversant with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and relevant HR
• Good understanding of strategic HR issues
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, tact, and diplomacy
• Excellent people management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Emotional intelligence
• Good appearance with confident demeanor
• Strong analytical skills and excellent negotiation skills.
• Ability to anticipate people needs and take good initiative
• Ability to receive confidential information on daily basis, maintain confidentiality and display
• Problem Solving Skill
• Conflict resolution skills
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should fill the form attached in the link below
The application deadline is Wednesday, 28th December, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.