Full-Time | $22-27/hour, dependent on experience and certifications
Great Lakes Superior Walls manufactures pre-cast insulated concrete walls for building foundations in our Hamilton, Michigan facility. Our products are shipped to builders all over the Midwest. We are currently in need of a Redi-Mix Driver to support our operations.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Safely operates a Company owned Redi-Mix concrete truck
- Drives to a local Redi-Mix facility, one mile from our plant, to be loaded with the concrete.
- Works with the production crews to pour the concrete into the wall forms inside our facility.
- Must keep the Redi-Mix truck clean on a daily basis.
- Responsible to report any defects that need to be repaired to our fleet mechanics.
- May be assigned other duties as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Basic math skills
- Must possess a Class B commercial driver license (CDL)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen and background check.
- Maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Able to safely operate Redi-Mix truck.
- Able to communicate with customers, co-workers and dispatchers.
- Appearance should be acceptable to the general public.
- At least 1-year experience driving a commercial vehicle.
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Team oriented with the willingness to take direction from others.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The position regularly works near moving machinery and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts medium objects, sits for long periods of time and performs physical labor under adverse field conditions. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively climbs and jumps. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.