JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
ROLE: FINANCE OFFICER
JOB TYPE: Full-time
LOCATION : Lagos
Optiva Capital Partners is seeking to hire a highly-analytical and qualified finance officer to join our
team. In this position, you will be responsible for the financial health of our company by managing our
financial procedures. Your duties will include planning budgets, participating in audits, monitoring
transactions, and preparing invoices.
To succeed in this role, you must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of financial policies, procedures, and
systems. In addition to being an excellent communicator, our ideal candidate will also have outstanding
analytical and time management abilities..
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
• Ensure financial records are kept up to date with the latest transactions and changes.
• Contribute to financial audits.
• Monitor all bank deposits and payments.
• Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
• Process invoices and prepare financial statements
• Prepare financial and business-related analysis and research in such areas as financial and
expense performance, rate of return, depreciation, working capital, and investments
• Identify and manage different sources of funding, and the capital structure of the Company as
• Support in collating data required for accounting and tax filing.
• Ensure that all documents have the relevant approvals before forwarding for payment.
• Maintain records of VAT invoices to support reporting to the revenue authority.
• Ensure all supporting documentation (including tax-compliant invoices) is available and filed
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payables.
• Prepare payment documentation.
• Customer invoicing.
• Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
• Assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process.
• Sales, payment, and other reconciliations.
• Statutory filings.
• Identify and address discrepancies on purchase invoices and receipts shared.
• Develop and monitor a credit control system in collaboration with sales and marketing, finance
and executive team members.
• Preparing cheques for utility, tax, payroll, and other company bills
• Using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems to keep, maintain and balance financial
• Submitting financial reports on a timely basis.
• Any other tasks as requested by the line manager and/or senior management
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE /EXCEPTIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
• Must be Chartered Certified.
• In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and accounting processes.
• Strong aptitude for math.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work with multiple deadlines in a fast-pace setting
• Strong excel and computer skills
• Outstanding analytical and time management skills
• Broad knowledge of accounting principle
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should fill the form attached in the link below https://
The application deadline is Wednesday, 28th December, 2022
Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.